Monday, May 26, 2008

Thanks for John Piper....

The IOUS of Prayer:

I: Incline toward God and His Word
O: Open the eyes of my heart to see what the Word says about God as wonderful
U: Unite -- all the parts of the heart say "Yes!" to God
S: Satisfy -- for my heart to be satisfied with God

Call on God:
to exalt His name in the world;
to extend His kingdom in the world;
for the fullness of the Holy Spirit;
to save unbelievers;
for healing;
for strategic wisdom;
for unity and harmony in the ranks;
to help know Him better;
to help comprehend the love of Christ;
for a deeper sense of assured hope;
for strength and endurance;
for faith to be preserved;
that I might not fall into temptation;
to complete my resolve and enable me to do good works;
for forgiveness for my sins;
for protection from the evil one.

No comments: