Monday, May 26, 2008

From Bishop Handley Moule....

My glorious Victor, Prince Divine,
Clasp these surrender'd hands in Thine;
At length my will is all Thine own,
Glad vassal of a Savior's throne.

My Master, lead me to Thy door;
Pierce this now willing ear once more;
Thy bonds are freedom; let me stay
With Thee, to toil, endure, obey.

Yes, ear and hand, and thought and will,
Use all in Thy dear slav'ry still!
Self's weary liberties I cast
Beneath Thy feet; there keep them fast.

Tread them still down; and then, I know,
These hands shall with Thy gifts o'erflow;
And pierce ears shall hear the tone
Which tells me Thou and I are one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Obviously Bishop Moule left a legacy based on his - at the time - present relationship with Jesus, one which is even clearer and sweeter and deeper now!

Thanks for sharing this.

Sincerely in Jesus,

Paul Griffin