Monday, July 7, 2008

B is for Bookworm

Fun book meme:
1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading? No, I just don't remember a time when I didn't read.
2. What are some books you read as a child? Nancy Drew; The Bobbsey Twins; Little House on the Prairie; Little Women; Are You There, God, It's Me, Margaret; A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.
3. What is your favorite genre? Anything except fantasy or science fiction.
4. Do you have a favorite novel? Redeeming Love, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and The Secret Life of Bees are high on my list of favorites, but I don't think I have a "favorite of all time."
5. Where do you usually read? In bed at night, and wherever I find myself waiting (car pool, doctor's office, post office, etc).
6. When do you usually read? Whenever I can, but always before turning out the light at night.
7. Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time? Only occasionally.
8. Do you read non-fiction in a different way or place than you read fiction? Yes; more purposefully, with a highlighter and pen handy for making notes; not in bed at night, usually earlier in the day so that I can reflect/meditate on it.
9. Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library? Borrow or check them out from my library; if it is a favorite author, I will buy the paperback (e.g., I own all the Big Stone Gap books and all of Francine Rivers' books).
10. Do you keep most of the books you buy? If not, what do you do with them? Yes, mostly, or I donate them to my local library.
11. If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them? Were they some of the same ones you read as a child? Yes: Are You There, God, It's Me, Margaret; Little Women; Guess How Much I Love You; Good Night Moon.
12. What are you reading now? Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult (who is becoming one of my favorite authors!).
13. Do you keep a TBR (To Be Read) list? Yes!
14. What's next? I haven't decided yet....
15. What books would you like to reread? I read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn every year or two; I'd also like to reread Redeeming Love and the Big Stone Gap series.
16. Who are your favorite authors? Sue Monk Kidd, Francine Rivers, Adriana Trigiani, Beth Moore, Betty Smith, Louisa May Alcott ... too many to list.

No comments: